Monday, March 28, 2011

Well, Well, Well...

Well the first day of the course has been TOTALLY AND AWESOMELY FUN! :)
Hehe =)

What I am learning is how to manipulate photos using Photoshop CS5. Here is the first picture we did (my own version)

Our job as students was to use a picture of an empty bowl and take 2 or three different fruit pictures and place it in the bowl. It may sound hard but it is actually really easy to do.
The bowl was one picture and the fruit are different pictures all placed together.
All in all, it took me about an hour and a half (wow, I just said 'all' like three times)

The second thing we were instructed to do was to create our own movie poster. OH, SO FUN!
We had to choose what theme our movie was, actors/actresses who should be in the movie, as well as background and different inanimate objects (well they didn't have to be inanimate, but for mine it was). I decided that my movie theme would depend on the actor who was to be in my poster. So I racked my brain for well known actors. I tried Garret Hedlund who plays Sam Flynn in the new TRON: Legacy movie, but that didn't work out. I then turned to female characters but didn't want to use any that came to my mind. Then one name popped into my head. That name would be Orlando Bloom. And the poster ended up being a pirate themed, but not after the Pirates of the Caribbean. Not. At. All.
Still take a look. I like how it ended up.

So I took the picture of Orlando and made the picture bigger. I then went and found a painting of a ship being tossed in the sea (the background). Then the ship sailing steadily, plus the sword.
With all these different pictures I made my poster.
What is amazing about it is the picture of Orlando was originally grayscale. I added the color that is on him now. The ship on the left-the one sailing calmly-was blue. Like a clear-sunny-sky blue. That I also colored. The swords, to, were changed.
So this is not a real movie poster, though I wish it was :)
I'll post tomorrow's work when I get it done. That is if you guys want me to. Let me know if you want to see what I get completed over the next 3 days.

Signed with a comfy chair - Leauphaun

2 comments:

Vrenith said...

I want to see what you complete over the next three days!!

Love the work! The poster especially must've been hard... For me, atleast. ;)

--Vrenith

EDIT: Compre. That's my Word Verification. Wow, what does it mean? Compre as in 'comprehend'? Or what? Comprehension? Comprehending? Strange...

Leauphaun said...

Thank you Vrenith!!! :D

God Bless!! - Leauphaun